Program Code ASMAJ1762
What are the goals of the Biochemistry Major program?
The overall goal of the Biochemistry Major program is to provide undergraduate students with a fundamental educational experience in biochemistry that will complement and extend their experience in another discipline in Science or the Arts and Humanities.
This experience includes:
- The acquisition of practical and theoretical principles in biochemistry.
- The ability to utilize ongoing biochemical training in studies of a second discipline.
- The development of fundamental laboratory skills including practical methods, data analysis and problem solving.
- Knowledge of the variety of different disciplines within biochemistry and an appreciation of scientific literature supporting current research topics.
- The application of academic experience within two disciplines in pursuits of marketplace careers or entry into professional programs.