Postdoctoral training within the Department of Biochemistry is arranged with individual supervisors. However, postdoctoral programs and affairs are administered by the institution where the supervisor’s laboratory is located whether it be on campus within the Medical Sciences Building or in research institutes of hospitals such as SickKids, University Health Network, Toronto Western, Sunnybrook, and St. Michael’s.
The Postdoctoral Office in the University’s School of Graduate Studies offers many helpful tips and information for both prospective and current postdoctoral fellows whether campus- or hospital-based:
- Finding a Supervisor on Campus or at an affiliated hospital
- Immigrating to Canada and obtaining a Work Permit
- Library Access, Dental and Health Insurance – on Campus
- Library Access, Dental and Health Insurance – at an affiliated hospital
- English Language and Writing Workshops / other U. of T. Resources
- Career and Personal Development
- Postdoc News
Postdocs performing projects in one of 32 labs investigating protein biochemistry can apply for funding to the CIHR Training Program in Protein Folding.