“The life of proteins: from birth to death”
This course is presented as eight themes.
- Structure, assembly, and evolution of the ribosome.
- mRNA synthesis, maturation, and localization.
- Mechanisms and regulation of translation initiation.
- Fidelity during translation elongation.
- Translation termination and translation-mediated mRNA decay
- Nascent protein folding and molecular chaperones.
- Protein degradation via the ubiquitin proteasome system and autophagy.
- Protein aging, misfolding and disease.
In addition to the lectures, students will work in groups during tutorial sessions to interpret a recent paper related to one of the eight themes to be formally presented during regular class hours.
Course Next Offered
Yes — 45
Method of Student Evaluation
First MIdterm 33%
Final Exam 33%
Student Presentation (2 x 16%) 34%